In Person Group Classes
In B2R group classes, students learn how to play their instrument in a stimulating team-based environment. The healthy camaraderie and competition that results motivates students to practice and improve quickly. Students receive a combination of individualized attention and group direction including ensemble playing. This approach leads to well-rounded musicianship, and prepares students to perform in a variety of ensembles/bands or as soloists.
B2R’s team of talented teachers and arrangers creates customized song arrangements based on the size of each group, age/level of the students and instrument. Students will learn the intricacies of playing in a group- listening to each other, feeling a strong rhythmic pulse, and practicing good teamwork. These are rewarding life-long skills.
On an individual level, students will develop proficiency on their instrument in a variety of areas including technique, music theory, and learning to read musical notes and symbols. Each class will have a creative component. Students will experiment in composition and improvisation as well as learning song form.
An important facet of the B2R methodology is the use of songs that are popular among the students as well as introducing them to other styles. Mastering current “pop” tunes is motivating for the students and earns them recognition from their peers.
Group classes offered in keyboard/piano, guitar, drums, and vocals.
What is B2R?
- Individual instruction with proprietary curriculum
- Students are motivated by playing with others in a band
- A band builds teamwork, develops social skills, fosters self-esteem and leads to lasting friendships.
- Everyone learns faster playing music they like
- Students are motivated to learn when they see early results
- Introducing very young children to music supports cognitive development and motor skills.